Research Scientist- Formulation and Purification Development
Prairie Plant Systems, a leader in plant based technologies, is seeking a self-driven individual to join the research and development team in a permanent full-time position. As the Company continues to grow at an exponential pace, the Research Scientist will develop purification processes and lead formulation development from natural compounds from plant sources. The ideal candidate will have experience in GMP and GLP setting (Pharmaceutical and Manufacturing Environments), prefer detailed work and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Design formulation development and gel caps and alternate delivery methods.
- Design and execute/oversee experiments aimed at developing purification protocols and the assays required to support these operations. Purification operations must be scalable to a level tailored to the project; target end points usually focus on efficiency of recovery, allowable levels of impurities, process safety, production economics and ease of site-to-site transferability.
- Develop commercial scale production for new developing methods such as capsules, tablets, patches, wafers or other.
- Reports covering these development activities must be generated in a timely manner and usually require knowledge of Microsoft Word and EXCEL. End documents for projects can be as simple as a certificate of analysis or as challenging as documentation supporting clinical trials.
- Daily operations of the lab include procuring & maintaining purification and analytical equipment, sourcing raw materials and maintaining inventory in the lab. Oversight will be given to external laboratories and junior personnel must be trained and supervised.
- Procure appropriate lab equipment to conduct formulation experiments.
- Submit budget projections as required & approve invoices for external lab activities.
- Ensure methods developed follow GLP and GMP requirements.
- Post-Graduate degree in chemistry, biochemistry or related discipline
- Knowledge of technologies suitable for scalable purification and analysis of small organic molecules and proteins from plant tissue will be considered an asset
- Minimally 5-10 years related industry experience with cGMP and CMC sections of IND applications
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic computer skills-excel data entry etc.
Salary will be based on skill levels and education. PPS offers a comprehensive benefits package. Incumbents will be required to pass a Government of Canada Security check, a criminal record check, a pre-employment drug test, and must hold Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residence Status.
Please use the form below to send us your resume and begin the application process.
Please do not press the submit button more than once. A message will be displayed once the submission has been completed.