Quality Control Scientist
Prairie Plant Systems, is seeking a self-driven individual to join the Quality Control team in a permanent, full-time position. The Quality Control Scientist, under general direction from the QC Manager, responsible for designing and executing validation/qualification protocols for equipment, methods and materials within the QC lab.
- Design and execute QC laboratories qualification and validation activities.
- Perform QC method development.
- Execute analyses using HPLC, UPLC and UV methodologies.
- Evaluate and enhance lab practices to align with cGMP expectations.
- Ensure lab equipment is maintained in proper running order, usually via a program of scheduled maintenance.
- Perform routine testing for incoming, in-process, release and stability testing on finished product, reagents and raw materials.
- Follow all established laboratory, regulatory, safety and environmental procedures. Adhere to the standards of quality rules by cGMP and the company Quality Policies and site SOPs.
- QC SOP development and maintenance (keeping current with approved analytical techniques and trends)
- Train QC lab personnel and ensure they are following proper procedures.
- Maintain the safety and orderliness of the lab; apply knowledge of cGMPs and GLPs on a daily basis
- Material handling and inventory control, including controlled substances.
- Liaise with external labs.
A University degree in a science related field, preferably Chemistry, with 4 or more years’ experience in a GMP environment. This position requires a laboratories skills and security check. The employee must be able to have the ability to generate technical reports. Knowledge of Microsoft EXCEL and Word are essential. Statistical analysis is required. Knowledge of the following regulations, guidelines, and techniques are preferred: ICH Q7, ACMPR, HPLC, UPLC-UV, and UV.
Salary will be based on skill levels and education.
PPS offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Incumbents will be required to pass a Government of Canada Security check, a criminal record check, a pre-employment drug test, and must hold Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residence Status.
Please use the form below to send us your resume and begin the application process.
Please do not press the submit button more than once. A message will be displayed once the submission has been completed.