Quality Control Technician
Prairie Plant Systems, a leader in plant based technologies, is seeking a self-driven individual to join the Quality Control team in a full-time permanent position. As the Company continues to grow at an exponential pace, the Technician will assist with sample and reagent preparation, in addition to collecting data and maintaining Quality Control systems. The ideal candidate will have experience in and GMP and GLP setting (Pharmaceutical and Manufacturing Environments), prefer detailed, routine work, enjoy working in a team environment and possess basic computer skills.
- Carry out SOPs involving materials measurement (including calibration), equipment operation and record keeping necessary to manufacture product batches as instructed
- Monitors critical equipment and instrumentation
- Assist with troubleshooting testing methods
- Carry out testing to establish new testing methods
- Responsible for entering QC data into tracking systems
- Prepare and clean glassware and equipment for use
- Report all unusual, non-conformance occurrences when performing tasks
- Write, revise and update SOPs for testing performed in the area of assignment
- Maintain the safety and orderliness of the lab; apply knowledge of cGMPs and GLPs on a daily basis
- Diploma or degree in Chemistry or related field
- Prior lab experience preferred and HPLC/UPLC experience considered an asset
- Written and oral communications skills required.
- Excel and Word skills required.
- Detail oriented.
This position can be physically demanding at times and requires good physical fitness with the ability to lift over 20lbs, perform some overhead lifting and tolerate long sessions with repetitive hand manipulations.
Salary will be based on skill levels and education. PPS offers a comprehensive benefits package. Incumbents will be required to pass a Government of Canada Security check, a criminal record check, a pre-employment drug test, and must hold Canadian Citizenship or Landed Immigrant Status.
Please use the form below to send us your resume and begin the application process.
Please do not press the submit button more than once. A message will be displayed once the submission has been completed.