Prairie Plant Systems, a leading plant biotechnology company specializing in biopharmaceutical and agricultural products, is seeking a self-driven individual to join the team as a Programmer Analyst in a full-time position. This newly created position will join our applications team to define & develop new software for business applications.
- Collaborate with business teams, developers, and designers in conceptualizing & development of new software applications
- Assist with analyzing & assessing existing business applications for correcting errors, identifying areas for improvement, enhancing performance, and general debugging
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications for software applications in collaboration with internal departments.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users.
- Conduct research on application development software products, languages, and standards in support of development efforts
- Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new software or systems and resolution of any customizations and integrations
- Liaise with IT operational analysts to assist in resolving problems with software products and business applications
- Consistently write, translate and code software programs and applications to meet requirements and specifications
- Administer critical analysis of test results to deliver quality solutions and applications
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines
- Train end users to operate new or modified applications
- Provide guidance and assistance to junior team members as required
- Provide assistance and cross-fill duties for other members of the ICT department as required
- Successful completion of a Post-secondary education in Information Technology (technology diploma or degree).
- Skills & experience with Windows .net programming, SQL database, web-based application development, software development lifecycle, SharePoint and Visual Studio development tools.
- 5+ years of experience in an information technology programming role
- Strong verbal & written communication skills with business end users, analytical troubleshooting, and knowledge in OWASP secure web development are key qualities for success in this role.
Salary will be based on skill levels and/or education.
PPS offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Incumbents will be required to pass a Government of Canada Security check, a criminal record check and must hold Canadian Citizenship or Landed Immigrant Status.
Please use the form below to send us your resume and begin the application process.
Please do not press the submit button more than once. A message will be displayed once the submission has been completed.