Plant Cultivation Assistant
Prairie Plant Systems, a leader in plant based technologies, is seeking a self-driven individual to join the cultivation team in a permanent full-time position. The ideal candidate will have general plant experience, basic computer skills, superior judgment, problem solving and decision making ability and overall a positive attitude. This position requires some manual labor so the incumbent must be physically fit.
- Complete the daily tasks including propagating, transplanting, daily crop/chamber checks, applying bio-controls, water checks, bug checks, pH and conductivity, and soil samples.
- Harvesting plants
- General cleaning including pots, sport court, chambers and corridors. Facility cleaning.
- Paperwork including cycle tracking sheets (plant height, record keeping, overall health assessment of plants), chamber documentation.
- Make fertilizer.
- Waste disposal.
- Technical training in Biological Science and/or experience working in a commercial greenhouse considered an asset.
- Very organized, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to do detailed and routine work and show initiative.
- Requires the ability to lift over 20 pounds.
The company intends to fully train the right people to fill these positions and is seeking individuals who possess a strong desire to learn and want be a part of a dynamic growing organization.
Wage will be based on skill levels and education. PPS offers a comprehensive benefits package. Incumbents will be required to pass a Government of Canada Security check, a criminal record check, a pre-employment drug test and must hold Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residence Status.
Please use the form below to send us your resume and begin the application process.
Please do not press the submit button more than once. A message will be displayed once the submission has been completed.