Prairie Plant Systems, a leader in plant based technologies, is seeking a self-driven individual to join the Operations team in a full-time, permanent position. As the Company continues to grow, the Manager of Operations will ensure all aspects of operations are monitored in terms of the highest standards and ensure adherence to the production and process schedule. The successful candidate will be responsible for all the correspondence pertaining to the production and process operations including scheduling, SOP training, and employee performance reviews. The applicant must possess the ability to foster an inclusive and positive work environment contributing to overall team morale.
- Effective communication between the production departments and the rest of the Company. The Director of Operations is responsible for all correspondence pertaining to all production and processing activities including reporting progress and/or changes to ensure standards are met.
- Address employee concerns and questions.
- Ensure all team members are treated fairly (workload, employee interactions etc.)
- Ensure all activities are carried out correctly and in accordance with the schedule and SOP's.
- Develop yearly schedules for delivery of product quotas within Health Canada specifications.
- Manage the day to day product operations to ensure market demands are met.
- SOP training and development-ensure all employees are properly trained on SOP's, develop and ensure SOP's are being followed for all product operation activities, capture changes resulting from test/research in SOP's and compose and submit change control requests to change control committee.
- Prepare and deliver performance reviews of management employee that report to this position.
- Reports monthly to the CEO all relative functions of the PMP operations.
- A Bachelor's degree in Agriculture requirement.
- 10+ years experience in operations management.
- 5+ years of supervisory or management experience.
- Superior project management skills and outstanding leadership qualities.
- A professional Agrologist designation would be considered an asset.
- Goal-oriented work style combined with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
Salary will be based on skill levels and education. PPS offers a comprehensive benefits package. Incumbents will be required to pass a Government of Canada Security check, a criminal record check, a pre-employment drug test, and must hold Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residence Status.
Please use the form below to send us your resume and begin the application process.
Please do not press the submit button more than once. A message will be displayed once the submission has been completed.