Project Manager- Mechanical Engineer
Prairie Plant Systems, a leader in plant based technologies, is seeking a self-driven individual to join the team in a Project Management role for the construction of new buildings. As the Company continues to grow at an exponential pace, the Project Manager will be responsible for planning and overseeing the implementation of design for construction, renovation, maintenance and mechanical projects within an annual budget for both operations and capital for projects exceeding $25 million over 2 years. The successful candidate will be an individual who is able to effectively communicate while providing leadership through dedicated work ethic. The applicant must be able to work under tight deadlines and budgetary constraints in an efficient and professional manner.
- Coordinate engineering contractors for the design, construction, maintenance and mechanical devices for all PPS and SubTerra site facilities.
- Manage the production of site facilities including scheduling, coordination and approval of major purchases and staffing and HR related issues and provide detailed development plans.
- Prepare updated GANTT charts reporting as contractor progress of each project.
- Prepare budgets for each construction project based on agreed upon quotations and industry standards.
- Review and improve cost reduction, maintenance, documentation and other programs
- Oversee overall production and inspection ensuring quality and timeliness and on-budget.
- Problem solving and product development for facility construction and general production.
- Provide expertise to direct and provide strategic mechanical engineering design and implementation.
- Ensure all proper permitting and licensing for all new construction.
- Interface with the engineers and architects when required.
- Ensure conformity with safety regulations and promote a culture of best practices.
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering with Mechanical and Electrical discipline with a minimum of 10 years of construction project management in a senior management capacity.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience in systems management related to the mechanical control systems are a must.
Salary will be based on skill levels and education.
PPS offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Incumbents will be required to pass a Government of Canada Security check, a criminal record check and must hold Canadian Citizenship or Landed Immigrant Status with a minimum of 3 years residing in Canada.
Please use the form below to send us your resume and begin the application process.
Please do not press the submit button more than once. A message will be displayed once the submission has been completed.