Prairie Plant Systems, a leader in plant based technologies, is seeking a self-driven individual to join our Maintenance department as a Maintenance Technician. This position is responsible for the general shop maintenance and building maintenance.
- Monitor and control computer based integrated control systems that operate lighting, watering and HVAC in a large sophisticated growth chamber operation.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with HVAC equipment and electrical.
- Repair or replace defective equipment and/or components when possible.
- Preventative maintenance tasks and inspections on HVAC equipment.
- Operate equipment for loading, unloading and yard maintenance including forklift, skidsteer, and various agriculture related equipment.
- On call for monitoring HVAC on a rotating schedule.
- New construction, carpentry, painting etc. as required.
- General yard maintenance, vehicle repair, soil pasteurization.
- Trade experience with some related education - preferably with 2-5 years of general maintenance experience.
- A license or certification to operate various types of power mobile equipment is preferred.
- HVAC equipment knowledge 1-2 years’ electrical trouble shooting and BMS knowledge is considered an asset.
- General computer skills are required
Incumbents will be required to pass a Government of Canada Security check, a criminal record check, a pre-employment drug test, and must hold Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residence Status and reside in Canada for the previous 3 years.
Please use the form below to send us your resume and begin the application process.
Please do not press the submit button more than once. A message will be displayed once the submission has been completed.