Prairie Plant Systems, a leader in plant based technologies, is seeking a self-driven individual to join our Bio-Products Division in a Lab Assistant position. The lab assistant position reports directly to the Bio-Products Lab Manager.
Duties would include
- Transferring plants from one media to another.
- Cleaning of jar and work area.
- Shipping of plantlets to the greenhouse.
- Preparation of media.
- Assist the greenhouse assistants with planting, weeding, and transplanting or potato harvest when needed.
- General Sanitation.
- Participate in inventory monitoring.
- Report any equipment malfunctions to the supervisor.
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Good Organizational Skills
- Attention to detail
- Training in Biological Science and/or experience working in a Greenhouse is considered an asset.
- Physical fitness (position requires some manual labor)
Preference will be given to applicants who hold post-secondary education in a related field. This position requires some manual labor so the incumbent must be physically fit and should be free from allergies or respiratory related diseases.
Salary will be based on skill levels and education. PPS offers a comprehensive benefits package. Incumbents will be required to pass a Government of Canada Security check, a criminal record check, a pre-employment drug test, and must hold Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
Please use the form below to send us your resume and begin the application process.
Please do not press the submit button more than once. A message will be displayed once the submission has been completed.