Junior Programmer Analyst
Prairie Plant Systems, a leading plant biotechnology company specializing in biopharmaceutical and agricultural products, is seeking a self-driven individual to join the team as a Junior Programmer Analyst in a full-time position. This position will assist with the customization, development, and maintenance of secure, predictable, high-quality business applications.
As a member of a growing team of information technology and digital communications professionals, your ideas can make an impact! Your knowledge and expertise gained from a post-secondary information technology program and a year or more of IT work experience, will help shape and develop our corporate IT systems.
As an added ICT team member, in a dynamic industry, you can expect exciting projects with major influence towards solutions. If you are looking for a rewarding career opportunity please apply early as this role will be filled quickly.
- Assist with business application customizations, design and troubleshooting.
- Quality assurance testing for custom applications, websites, and/or mobile services by generating test reports and validation criteria
- Assist with SQL data query development and testing
- SharePoint, Windows, Apple IOS & Android application testing
- Research, develop, document, test, modify, and support new or existing applications and systems.
- Prepare suitable test data to execute program and module testing.
- Use source debuggers and visual development environments.
- Work with programmers, designers, & content producers in a team environment to implement required business applications.
- Provide assistance and cross-fill duties for other members of the ICT department as required
- Post-Secondary education in Information Technology with 1-2 years’ experience within an enterprise IT environment
- Technical knowledge of application development standards and testing methodology
- Experience documenting code and maintaining configuration and process information
- Strong customer services orientation, analytical problem-solving abilities with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- IT Service Management (ITIL Foundation) knowledge would be an asset.
Salary will be based on skill levels and education. PPS offers a comprehensive benefits package. Incumbents will be required to pass a Government of Canada Security check, a criminal record check, a pre-employment drug test, and must hold Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status.
Please use the form below to send us your resume and begin the application process.
Please do not press the submit button more than once. A message will be displayed once the submission has been completed.