IT System Administrator
Prairie Plant Systems, a leading plant biotechnology company specializing in biopharmaceutical and agricultural products, is seeking a self-driven individual to join the team as an Information Technology System Administrator in a full-time position. This position will be responsible for development and maintenance of secure, predictable, high-quality IT infrastructure.
As a member of a small, growing team of information technology and digital communications professionals your ideas can make an impact. Your knowledge and expertise gained from 8 or more years of systems/network administration will help shape and develop our corporate IT systems.
As a new role in a dynamic industry you can expect exciting projects with major influence towards solutions. Looking for candidates that are comfortable with design and planning as well as hands-on troubleshooting as our company continues to grow. You are an excellent communicator and can easily explain complex issues with non-technical staff. If you are looking for a rewarding career opportunity please apply early as this role will be filled quickly.
- Participate in capacity planning and the development of strategic goals for systems and network in conjunction with end-users and department managers
- Deploy, manage and maintain servers, network devices, firewalls, and their corresponding or associated software
- Monitor security logs and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity. Interpret activity and make recommendations for resolution
- Provide hardware & software recommendations, design and verification for Microsoft Windows Servers, VMWare, and Cloud Services; to ensuring that availability, integrity & security is maintained
- Reviewing infrastructure logs and performing problem, incident and root cause analysis reports
- Assist with technology evaluations to strategically meet business requirements and standards
- Capacity planning for server, network and security systems
- Research, develop, document, implement, modify, and support new or existing systems
- Participate in negotiations with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors
- Provide assistance and cross-fill duties for other members of the ICT department
- Strong technical knowledge of network, server and storage systems including Microsoft, VMWare, FortiNet, and Linux operating systems
- Post-Secondary education in Information Technology with 8+ years’ experience within an enterprise IT environment
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information
- Advanced knowledge of virtual servers, network concepts, Virtual Private Network, mobile devices and computer hardware and software.
- Experience in securing network devices, security devices, operating systems, and Internet access
- Strong customer services orientation, proven analytical and problem-solving abilities with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Technical certifications in network, IT security and server virtualization.
- ITIL and/or CIPS Information Systems Professional designations would be an asset.
Salary will be based on skill levels and education. PPS offers a comprehensive benefits package. Incumbents will be required to pass a Government of Canada Security check, a criminal record check, a pre-employment drug test, and must hold Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status.
Please use the form below to send us your resume and begin the application process.
Please do not press the submit button more than once. A message will be displayed once the submission has been completed.