Human Resources Coordinator
Prairie Plant Systems, a leader in plant based technologies, is seeking a self-driven individual to join the team as a Human Resources Coordinator in a permanent, full-time position. As the Company continues to grow at an exponential pace, the Human Resources Coordinator will focus on recruitment, compensation, safety and training. The ideal candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization and have excellent organization and problem solving skills.
- Coordinate all recruitment initiatives and activities including: job postings, interviews, reference checks, security clearance, drug testing and new hire orientation in accordance with Employee Selection Policy.
- Participate in Health and Safety issues as they arise including proper documentation of incidents and WCB forms.
- Act as a member of the Occupational Health and Safety Committee and make suggestions to promote a healthy and safe work environment.
- Respond to inquiries about Human Resource policies and procedures, and refer to manager when needed.
- Coordinate HR events including companywide meetings and functions.
- Maintain HR data for statistical analysis including absenteeism and turnover, exit interviews etc. and provide monthly reports to the HR Manager.
- Coordinate employee reviews for managers and ensure proper documentation and filing to respective employee file.
- Coordinate the benefit and pension sign-up.
- Assist HR Manager in HR strategies including succession planning, Compensation.
- Assist in identifying ways to improve HR processes and ensure integrity of information, programs, policies and procedures (EOS).
- Assist with the development and roll-out of various HR initiatives and programs aimed at employee retention, training and development, and diversity and inclusion.
- Assist HR Manager with training initiatives for management and employees.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government regulations to ensure compliance with HR functions.
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality at all times on matters pertaining to the company and employees.
- A Bachelor of Commerce with a major in Human Resources preferably with 2-5 years of direct related work experience.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills.
Salary will be based on skill levels and education. PPS offers a comprehensive benefits package. Incumbents will be required to pass a Government of Canada Security check, a criminal record check and must hold Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residence Status.
Please use the form below to send us your resume and begin the application process.
Please do not press the submit button more than once. A message will be displayed once the submission has been completed.