Greenhouse Assistant – Summer Position
Prairie Plant Systems, a leader in plant based technologies, is seeking a self-driven individual to help our BioProducts Division as a Greenhouse Assistant. This position requires some manual labor so the incumbent must be physically fit and should be free from allergies or respiratory related diseases. This is a full-time temporary position beginning in late April until early September. (Possibility of extension until late October)
- General maintenance of plants and greenhouses.
- Planting plants, weeding, transplanting and moving plants.
- Boxing and shipping plants to customers.
- Identifying problems with plants such as pests or diseases.
- Assist with general greenhouse plan maintenance.
- Collection of data for possible research projects.
- Horticulture certificate or related education an asset, but not required.
- Prior greenhouse experience an asset.
- Attention to detail
- Strong Communication Skills
- Reliable and able to work under minimal supervision
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Incumbents will be required to pass a Government of Canada Security check, a criminal record check, a pre-employment drug test, and must hold Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residence Status.
Please use the form below to send us your resume and begin the application process.
Please do not press the submit button more than once. A message will be displayed once the submission has been completed.