Cultivation Manager (1 Year Mat Leave)
Prairie Plant Systems, a leader in plant based technologies, is seeking a self-driven individual to ensure that the BioPharm Plant Production is maintained both in terms of the highest agronomic standards to ensure adherence to the production schedule and to foster a positive work environment. This employee takes care of all the correspondence pertaining to the cultivation activities including scheduling, SOP training, employee performance reviews, overall team morale, and the overall health of the plant crops.
- Effective communication between the cultivation department and the rest of the Company. The Manager is responsible for all correspondence pertaining to cultivation activities including reporting production progress (wet weights, dry weights, visuals, observations, etc.) and schedule adjustments to the management team.
- Address employee concerns and questions.
- Ensure all team members are treated fairly (workload, employee interactions etc.)
- Ensure all activities are carried out correctly and in accordance with the schedule and SOP's.
- Develop yearly schedules for delivery of production quotas within Health Canada specifications
- Responsible for the overall health of the crop-develop and ensure Integrated Pest Management strategy is adhered to along with ensuring plant/crop optimization.
- SOP training and development-ensure all employees are properly trained on SOP's, develop and ensure SOP's are being followed for all cultivation activities, capture changes resulting from test/research in SOP's and compose and submit change control requests to change control committee.
- Prepare and deliver employee performance reviews.
- Collaborate with the Quality department to ensure all aspects of quality are maintained and improved as required.
A minimum Bachelor's degree in Agriculture or Biology is a requirement. Experience in intensive agriculture or horticultural operations is considered an asset. The ideal candidate would have also have 5 or more years of supervisory or management experience. This position requires superior project management skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, leadership skills and is goal-oriented. Basic computer skills are also a requirement.
Incumbents will be required to pass a Government of Canada Security check, a criminal record check, a pre-employment drug test, and must hold Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residence Status.
Please use the form below to send us your resume and begin the application process.
Please do not press the submit button more than once. A message will be displayed once the submission has been completed.